Sunday, November 25, 2012

Feeling Better

After some struggling, I am feeling better. I was able to go to my dance class two weeks ago and my skin is healing. I've been able to avoid any really bad picking sessions. I've done this through a combination of staying busy, pushing through to the next activity when I've felt myself getting into picking mode, and keeping my goals in the back of my mind. On two days I also took vows not to pick, from that day to the next sunrise. I don't do this often because I take these vows quite seriously and I know they are hard to keep. On those two days I was able to honor my commitment and the vows helped me become aware of all the minor picking I do throughout a day, like scraping at my cuticles and feeling and scratching at the bumps on my scalp. I didn't write about my progress sooner because sometimes it feels like as soon as I write that things are getting better, they get worse. I don't think that will be the case this time; I intend to continue moving forward. I am still looking forward to the day when I can run my hands over my arms and feel smooth skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment