Thursday, July 16, 2015

Or... Be Busy

I do not like being busy, but my job has become so demanding that I do not have a choice. My priority in my free time is feeding myself and trying to shift back, after focusing really intensely on something, to seeing - to being in - the environment I'm in (because being here as myself now is important but also so that I don't get a headache and actually feel relaxed enough to fall asleep at night). There's just no space for picking in my life right now, not even really to think about it. I'm committed to not picking when, inevitably, I find myself with some do-nothing time. I don't recommend keeping busy as a way to deal with problems - you're not really dealing with them by doing so, you're just avoiding them - however, I've said before that if the issue is that you have to obsess about something, it may as well be something productive. I felt like I was going in circles, getting nowhere. I was stuck! It's time now to move slowly but surely (or maybe incredibly quickly!) forward. Let's see what will happen, what life will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment