Friday, October 9, 2015

Who You Really Are

So, I say that if you're picking you're out of alignment with who you are. You are resisting or avoiding something. The key is to find out what. It may be many things! Over the past three years I've changed dramatically. I've been through experiences that have each highlighted aspects of my personality that were no longer serving me. Lacking self-confidence. Feeling conflicted about my spirituality. Needing external validation. Trying to meet other people's standards. Giving myself too much of a hard time. Not trusting my intuition. Being overly critical and argumentative. Avoiding conflict. Feeling uncomfortable in my body. My goodness. Coming to grips with all of these things has been exhausting! And I still have further to go; this process is ongoing. However, every day, with every realization I have and every change that I go through - I feel more and more like who I really am. It's like layers and layers of junk are getting cleared away. Whereas before I felt at peace sometimes, rarely, now it's more often, and soon I'm positive it will become my default mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment