Wednesday, June 27, 2012

In the Blink of an Eye

Picking really is a nasty habit. When you've been picking for as long as I have, you become very efficient. This afternoon, I absentmindedly started picking at my skin. I had picked at 7 bumps on my right arm before I realized what I was doing and stopped myself. I then tried to do something productive for awhile. Pretty quickly I got distracted again, and before I knew it, I had picked at - let me count them - 17 bumps on my left arm! I was only at it for five minutes or so. It's unbelievable. It had taken days for my skin to start looking better, to the point where I was able to wear short sleeves. In five minutes, I ruined all that progress for myself. I'm disappointed, but what's done is done. All I can do is try to be more vigilant next time. I'd like to blame my work for not being more engaging, but that seems pretty pointless. No job's exciting all the time, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment