Friday, June 1, 2012

I Messed Up

Last night I couldn't resist that one perfect bump. I ended up squeezing it, with my fingers, not my nails, and that was that. Not so bad. Today, though, I really messed up. It was such a quiet day at work, but I was exceptionally distracted thinking about going back to school. I have so much to get done in three months, and I haven't even started. I was also made aware this morning of some issues with my paycheck. I'd only squeezed three bumps on my forearms by lunch time, but after lunch, I lost control. I squeezed at...let's count them...92 bumps, give or take. It sounds incredible when you actually count them up. Most of the bumps were on my forearms, with some on my upper arms. The picking was not what you'd call agressive. It was more gentle and deliberate; I was trying to cause as little damage as possible. Still, I'm very disappointed with myself. I had been doing so well. My arms were starting to feel much smoother. Like last Friday afternoon, all I want to do now is to go home, take a shower, and relax. Not the best way to end the week. I'd better snap out of this state of mind and fast because I've been falling behind at work. It won't be too long before someone notices. Writing about picking has definitely been helping me to moderate my picking and to become more aware of my behavior, but I think it's also contributed to a loss of focus at work. I'm not sure what to do about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment