Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Changes

I'm moving in a few days, so have been been spending most of my time packing and getting organized. I am ending the Daily Count today, about three months after I started it. After I move I won't have the time or Internet access to update the blog as regularly. I plan to keep the blog active but am not sure how often I will be writing. There are still a few topics related to picking I haven't found time to write about, but would like to at some point in the future.

I'm glad I started this blog; I feel it's been a great help to me. Even though I haven't completely stopped picking, I have better control of the habit. At this point, I feel like I definitely can overcome picking. It will happen slowly, but it will happen. My main goal is to continue moving forward.

I feel like my general outlook on life is more positive than when I started the blog. I have also become more accepting of myself. For instance, though I picked at my arms this morning, I wore a short-sleeved shirt out in public today. The weather was hot, so that was the logical thing to do. To be honest, when putting on my shirt I didn't even think about how my arms looked. It may just be because I've been so busy I haven't had the time to think about those sorts of things, but for me, it is still a small victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment