Monday, August 6, 2012

Weekends are the Worst

Weekends are the best for relaxing, but the worst for picking. I now have over a month of Daily Count data and the trend is clear. I pick most on the days that fall during or around the weekend. Last night was the worst yet - I got my legs and arms both and didn't even want to count the places I'd picked at afterwards. Finally I did because I thought it would be best to be honest. I counted that I'd picked at 194 places; this is more than double the worst I had done in the last month. There was a moment, before I started, when I could have stopped myself. I was standing in front of the mirror, ready to brush my teeth before going to sleep. What I should have done was turned off the light and stepped away. I didn't, though, and started picking instead. Once I'd started it was very difficult to stop. I have many bumps these days from not having picked for quite a long time; I couldn't resist the temptation. I was dreading this week as well - this is my last week of work before I quit to get ready to go back to school. I have so many loose ends to tie up it is driving me crazy. I know I just need to relax and have faith it will all get done in time, but in practice it's hard. I just need to slow down and focus on one task at a time, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment