Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Halfway Through

I'm halfway through the 28 days and am feeling pretty good. I've been wearing short sleeves or sleeveless shirts and shorts almost every day. I feel much lighter and more at ease in my body. I'm still scared I'll fall back into old habits, but I'm almost starting to believe I could have a picking-free life from now on. I haven't been absolutely perfect. There was one day when I got at a few bumps on my arms and my legs, but I didn't let this get me down. I've also squeezed or scratched at a few bumps on my scalp, and scraped at some dry skin around my fingernails, but this has been in a more absent-minded way than in an obsessive way. I want to keep going with this and to keep improving. I feel like if I can overcome picking maybe other parts of my life will get better too. I hope this is my time, and that I can really do it. I know it's going to take a lot of hard work to get through the second half of the vow, but I will give it my best shot. My closest friends keep telling me that I'm I strong person - I would like to believe this about myself and to prove them right, to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment