Thursday, May 31, 2012

Losing Its Appeal

Yesterday I picked a bit at my skin, but I realized that picking is losing its appeal. It's just not giving me the same satisfaction it used to. The skin on my arms is dry, red, and irritated, and I would rather let it heal than to make new wounds. I felt some bumps on the backs of my legs, and tried to squeeze at them, but nothing came out. I used moisturizer yesterday so my face wouldn't be so flaky, which seemed to reduce the amount I scratched at my face. When I did scratch, I was annoyed at the flakes of dead skin that got all over my clothes and my chair. I felt the same way when I scratched at the scabs on my scalp because scabs I peeled off got stuck in my hair. Another thing I did different yesterday was to turn on a small fan at work. The cool air seemed to help me keep my mind clear and to remain on task. I'll turn the fan on today, too, and hope to be even more productive. As a side note, I really can't believe how bad my arms look. I've been so preoccupied, for the past many years, with the red bumps left after picking that I never noticed how sun-damaged my arms have become. I hope they look a little better once they're fully healed, but it's quite possible the damage is permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment