Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Tumblr and the #Dermatillomaniac Tag

When I started this blog, I didn't think that there were many skin picking blogs out there. I now know that Tumblr is home to an active community of skin picking bloggers, many of whom use the #dermatillomaniac tag. I'm not that familiar with Tumblr, but basically if you go to Tumblr and search for "dermatillomaniac" it will show you links to the posts that have most recently included that tag. Here are a couple of the tumblelogs I've come across and liked: IWanttoStopPicking & Dermotillomanic. There are lots of others but I haven't had a chance to explore too many of them. Some of the bloggers on Tumblr refer to dermatillomania as derma. I find it somewhat comforting to know that there are other compulsive skin pickers out there, and at the same time, I find it sad to read about what they're going through. Being aware of others struggling makes me all the more motivated to overcome my own skin picking - if I can do it, anyone can.

No comments:

Post a Comment